Re: [MV] Help Need With Jeep Identification

From: Henrik Teller (Henrik_Teller@vip.cybercity.dk)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 02:10:59 PDT

From: "Tony Standefer" <willysjeep@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [MV] Help Need With Jeep Identification
Date sent: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 21:23:42 -0700

> The jeep you describe sounds like a rare USMC radio jeep, they are
> described in some detail in army motors #73. Very rare to find with
> USMC assecories still attached, I hope you plan on restoring it as
> USMC!
>
> Tony Standefer
> Everett, Wa

Hi all !

Sounds like a CJ-V35/U.

Essentially a much modified CJ-3A.

Build for Navy and Marine Coprs Beachmasters during beach
landings.
Only around 1.000 build, and only a handful restored in hand of
collectors.

Described in "Illustrated buyer´s guide - Jeep" by Jim Allen, page
60 - 61.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice day :-)

Henrik Teller