Re: [MV] Fast drivers, slow MV's...(was [MV] Lights and Sirens on MVs (An unpopular view))

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2001 - 12:59:48 PDT

--- wwd@netheaven.com wrote:
> In <list-1271601@skylee.com>
> Jumpmaster <the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com> said:
>
> >M38A1 tops out about 50MPH
> >without pushing it to 55.
>
> If the engine were taken apart and balanced, pushing
> it to 55 would be a
> pleasure.

Well unless you want to change out the steering and
suspension, I'll let YOU try that. :-) (They were
never designed to go that fast from the
beginning...not just because of the engine but all the
other fun parts that contribute to safety at high
speeds.)

If you want to go and modify everything to make it go
70MPH, hey..it's you're truck. Go ahead. I prefer to
keep old MV's as original as possible.

TMB
1985 M1009 CUCV