Re: [MV] Ebay

From: Mark J. Blair (mblair1@home.net)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 11:10:31 PDT

a.mehlhorn@t-online.de (Andreas Mehlhorn) wrote:
> Notice that EBAY is a place, where many parts and pieces for historic MVs
> were offered. Many list members buy and sell MV items at EBAY. So this
> topic is very well MV related!

I disagree. The MIL-VEH list is for discussion of topics DIRECTLY
related to private ownership of historic military vehicles.
Complaining about Ebay's use of cookies has nothing to do with private
ownership of historic military vehicles. I have personally bought a
lot of military vehicle stuff on Ebay, including an M543A2 wrecker, an
M561 Gama Goat, and an M103A3 trailer chassis with an MEP-003A 10kW
DED generator set as well as countless parts and manuals, but I
certainly do not think that MIL-VEH is an appropriate place to discuss
Ebay's implementation details. Let's let this thread die, folks!

Ok, time for me to put my money where my mouth is. Here are some parts
that I need for my green fleet:

* Air compressor pulley wrench for LD-465 series engines (i.e., M35A2)

* Lower alternator bracket for that M561 Gama Goat that I bought on
Ebay

* Assorted M543A2 5-ton wrecker kit, including snatch block(s),
whiffletree bar, pins and spreader bar for boom jacks, field chocks,
etc.

* A source for those short threaded ground rod sections commonly
issued with mil generator sets

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/