Re: [MV] M75 and Sexton for sale

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 23:28:00 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoff Winnington-Ball" <gwball@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: [MV] M75 and Sexton for sale

>Compared to
> the GM 671 diesel pack and Ford GAA (hard to find but out there) and the
> Chrysler multibank (scarce as hen's teeth),

Well, we know there is only one as-new running A57 multibank encased in M4A4
in the world over here and that is shortly to be based over there, CA
actually, so I think you know who has bought it. I'm minded though it comes
under Lend-Lease so it will be interesting to see what evolutions are
invoked to have it imported to the US, perhaps "Museum" is the key-word.

>the Continentals are the
> least of one's problem. Of course, given the early Sexton used the
> R975-C1 and the later one the R975-C4, one would have to use some
> discretion on which replacement engine was sourced, but I reckon that
> goes with the territory... :-)

It is an easy engine to get, other running M4A4s use this route as a power
source and without the radiator hassle too, which for an A57 is as
difficult/impossible as gathering engine parts.

Richard
Southampton - England