Re: [MV] M75 and Sexton for sale

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 00:53:46 PDT

Geoff Spinning-Balls wrote:

> fairly common today... as a matter of fact, there's a chap in Australia
> right now trying to unload a dozen of the things, in crates! Compared to

Is there now, out of curiosity, how much each? I think I know who this
would be.

> I can only suppose the disparity in engine availability for these
> vehicles is directly related to the industrial usefulness of these
> various powerpacks in the postwar period.

There could also be the issue of thirst of an aircraft radial when
used at high revs (as intended) but to do slow work - not cost
effective.

> Regards running gear, given that Shermans have been 'in business' some
> 50 years, there's a remarkable quantity of the stuff out there. Yes, it
> costs, but again, the market is fairly restricted; it's not liable to
> run out anytime soon.

Unless the user was "inspired" or crazy, there is little likelyhood of
needing anything to be replaced between the clutch and the sprockets.
Those 2 components would be probably the most likely to have suffered
from extensive use, but only in the civil arena, thus I doubt that
these vehicles would be a problem.

> And yes, a lot of the foregoing explains the relative popularity of
> wheeled armour, never mind that of smaller units like the Stuart.

Stuarts don't need wide load permits to truck, that helps.

M-75s are just as big as a Sexton if I recall correctly?

Regards
Doug

                 Armoured Vehicles Collector
        _______
      _/_(_o_)_\_ ____
    _/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
   / [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
  |w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
          M8 Ferret

                     dgrev@ruralnet.net.au

Web Armour site at: