REO Speedwagon

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 07:33:38 PDT

Hi. I've an opportunity to pick up a 1952 M35W/WN Fire Truck
manufactured by REO of Lansing Mich. It looks to be in somewhat sound
shape tho it needs to be basically dismantled, sanded and painted etc.
I've searched quite a bit on the web but have found little regarding
this particular vehicle. I'm searching for information on the actual
line, where I might find manuals for both the Military vehicle as well
as the pumping equipment ( there are half a dozen levers and many
switches which most Deuce's don't have, all related to fire suppression
equipment ), basically anything at all about them. The truck won't be
one which I can use for fun trips as it already has California
Historical Vehicle plates on it, but it should still be fun to restore.

( side question: the front winch / truck frame members are bent. As
this is a winching point should I seek to straighten the frame there or
should I consider having it replaced? )

Many thanks for any thoughts on the truck.

   Paul