Re: [MV] WTC building design

From: Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 18:16:40 PDT

Another consideration,

It looked to me like the fuel was mostly consumed when
the airplane hit the building, big fireball, but this
would start a fire hot enough to ignite the aluminum
and magnesium of the airplane itself causing an even
hotter fire than just the fuel could have. Then it
would have been assisted by the HVAC system in the
building, but I'm not sure how the fire alarm system
would have controlled the remaining parts of that
system. Still, the vertical air ducts and the
elevator shafts would have acted like chimneys! The
sprinkler system could never have had an effect on
that! Even if it had stayed together, I've had them
blow apart just from testing them by turning on the
fire pump.

The physical shock to the building would have severly
disrupted all of the safety systems.

Joe