Students

From: Phil (phil@kettenkrad.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 05:51:11 PDT

Let's not complain about some college students and their outlook. This has
been the case throughout history most of them eventually join the mainstream
and bring with them an open mind. In the past however, these students grew
up with some knowlege of American history and a sense of patriotism. Ask a
high school student today or even an elementary school student to recite the
Pledge of Allegiance or sing the National Anthem. Those that still recite
it in school may not even have a flag in the classroom to face or salute.
While our kids need to know computers, science and other technical subjects
to keep up with the rest of the world, we shouldn't do this by eliminating
the basic installation of patriotic values.

As for me:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the
Republic, for which it stands, one nation, under God, with liberty and
justice for all."

Philip Ulzheimer
www.kettenkrad.com