Re: [MV] history and today

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 18:54:24 PDT

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:43:45 -0700, you wrote:
>He apparently preferred to be captured by Saddam Hussein than to be defended
>by Americans. His personal war is not on Israel, nor does it appear to be
>related to our defense of Israel. It is on us for treading on Saudi soil.

More than that it is our continued presence there, in the form of oil
companies and staff, and their dependence on American military
equipment, planes and missiles.

This angers many in the Middle East, including Saddam Hussein. He said
that one of the reasons he attacked Kuwait was to "free it" from
American influence.

This makes a lot more sense in light of the post "Background info on
muslims" by JaxInCalifornia.

Much to think about, research to do.
Knowledge is power. Power is freedom.
Freedom is everything.