Re: [MV] Terrorist Attack

From: Jon Shoop (shoop19@brick.net)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 19:43:36 PDT

>Who said anything about disarming anyone? I said that armed civilians
>are no match for a highly trained suicide squad, that's hardly
>advocating disarmament. Hitler tried arming civilians to protect
>Berlin against the Russians, and look where it got him.

The taking of Berlin, By Russian troops, defended by the Volkswere was at a cost of over 500,000 men...alone.
I think the civilian guard did quite well, considering.....

>Fighting terrorists takes more than a big gun and a big mouth. It
>takes a top level intelligence network with satellites, code breakers
>and supercomputers. You got that kind of stuff? The Military does.
>
>No, they're not everywhere, and Patton didn't win every battle. But if
>I had to chose between them and you, it wouldn't be a contest.
>
>>>  Arming amateurs will only waste ammunition and cause more problems.

Not really......I dont think actual data will bear this out......

>>Cause more problems for who?  Potential terrorists, who have to think
>>twice, because they never can tell which of their "victims" are going to
>>send them to Allah before they are ready?

These guys knew no one would or could oppose them...........

>Frankly, if you think you can out-shoot a car bomb, you're welcome to
>try. But exactly how are you going to identify the "potential
>terrorists"?  Just shoot everyone with dark skin?
>
>If someone is willing to strap twenty pounds of Semtex to their waist
>and detonate it, or pilot an airliner into a building, do you really
>think your .45 is going to have them quaking in their boots?

Nope...but it will lay him down...flat!

>And if you do find one and kill him, what's to stop them from just
>sending twenty more? You gonna kill every Arab and Palestinian in the
>Middle East? You got that much ammo?

Thats where intel comes is.................

>You're using 19th century tactics for a 21st century battle. These
>guys don't walk up wearing an official terrorist uniform and challenge
>you to a fire fight. You never see them. You have no time to shoot.
>You're standing there and the bomb goes "boom!", that's it.

Yep...except all these guys stopped in the last 35 years in the act...havd been stopped by 19th century tactics...men, trained with weapons......

>The MV of the new war isn't a Jeep or a tank, it's a Ryder truck
>filled with fertilizer and diesel fuel.
>
>They don't care which of their "victims" are going to waste them,
>they've made up their minds to die for Allah anyway. Shoot them and
>they just get to heaven faster.

Thats OK...really but you stop HIM.....Thats what counts right then.

>Ever been to Israel? Guns everywhere, even kids have them. Every cop
>has a semi automatic. Military in the street. Random searches,
>roadblocks, interrogation. Stuff even guys like you wouldn't want
>here. And still terrorism is a constant threat. If you could just
>shoot them, don't you think they would all be dead by now?

Hey...dont discount armed citizens in the right place at the right time...History shows in a majority of times..it makes the critical difference. See Gary Kleck documentation available on the net.......

Hang in there...lets deal with the injured........and dead....time will come for this debate.........

Jon