Re: Sexton for sale

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 00:28:47 PDT

Richard

> What is the condition of the engines, transmissions and final drives
> going to be after all those years sitting in Georgia?

You would be quite surprised at the durability against weather of a
radial. They are so well built that you can literally change the oil
and fire them up after years of inactivity - better of course to do
the job properly. More than likely the clutch would be seized.

> If all those get sold how much and how hard is it going to be to get
> parts for the radial engine?

Not hard.

> As attractive as the cost is, I think you need to look at the bigger
> picture. As has been stated on the list before unless a show is next
> to where you keep it, it becomes very expensive to move these things.

True.
If you are into tracked armour then some land close by to play on
really helps

> That is probably why wheeled armor is so popular.

Also true, but the thought of driving my M8 Greyhound hundreds of miles
just doesn't appeal. Either I have the $s to spare to get it trucked or
it doesn't go to an event.

Regards
Doug

                 Armoured Vehicles Collector
        _______
      _/_(_o_)_\_ ____
    _/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
   / [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
  |w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
          M8 Ferret

                     dgrev@ruralnet.net.au

Web Armour site at: