RE: [MV] Late comments on WTC attacks

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 06:23:26 PDT

At 1:12 AM -0400 9/14/01, WF2U wrote:
>Here is another one who is not interested in facts and history but totally
>ignorant of the real situation.

Ahh, yes. I'm totally ignorant. Nothing that I see at work from APTV,
Reuters, BBC and our own station is true.

>For your information, Israel has a thriving Christian and Moslem population
>which is enjoying full citizenship, just like rest of the population. There
>are Arab members of Parliament, (both Christians and Moslems) as well as
>Government ministers and officials. There are Moslems and also Christians
>serving in the Israeli Armed Forces who traditionally take pride in their
>service and citizenship. Some of them achieved staff officers positions.

Granted, however a large number of the Palestinian population is in
fact treated as a second class. They don't have the same privledges
as the Israelis'. They don't have the same public services or
protection.

An Israeli settler shoots at Palestinians and he may get arrested.
Palestinians shoot at Israeli's and the village they fire from gets
bulldozed. What is fair and just about that? It certainly sounds like
a low grade form of ethnic cleansing...especially when there is a
Jewish settlement across a valley that isn't supposed to be there.

>The present day Palestinians - by the way, my parents can be called
>Palestinians, prior to the Israeli independence they carried Palestinian
>ID's as British Colonial subjects - rejected peace with Israel. Their own
>brethren from the Arab countries rejected the ones who chose or were ordered
>by their leaders to become refugees, kept them without ANY citizenship and
>used them as pawns in their "struggle" against Israel. They could have had a
>state of their own by now if they were working towards peace.

And before that they were under the Ottoman Empire. Still, they've
lived there. Their claims to land ownership are just as valid as
Jewish claims, now. They weren't 40 years ago. The Jew's essentially
settled like the Saxons did. They moved in and kicked out the other
group for the most part.

>Another little piece of information: about 400,000 "Palestinians" left and
>were kept as refugees but Israel took in about 600,000 Jewish refugees from
>the Arab countries - They were given Israeli citizenship and were integrated
>into the society. The Jordanian and Egyptian governments kept (until the '67
>war when Israel gained the West Bank and Gaza) the Palestinians under
>military government and imposed curfews and travel restrictions on them.
>Where were you then to complain about the Palestinians' plight?

But what about all of these people in the Occupied territories? They
were invaded. Again. Do they have Israeli citizenship? Do they get
the same public services as the Israelis do? There are two distinct
land areas with their own issues, Occupied territories and Israel
proper. Both are sticky. Both will not be resolved until (like the
Saxons) the Israeli's entirely expunge the Palestinians or make peace
with them.

>But I'm sure I'm wasting my time trying to bring up some facts.

Naturally any kind of rational discussion is a waste of time?

>I apologize to the list that this nonsense is going on but I had to reply to
>this publicly.

It's been going on for a while.

>Finally, the terrorists are not out to harm the US because of its support of
>Israel. They are out to demolish the Western way of life, the creative,
>compassionate and enterprising spirit, the wealth the US has. It's not a
>religious war, just because they call themselves Moslems (or the Red
>Brigades, or the Bader-Meinhoff Group or whatever). It's a war of the
>depraved, jealous mind against our way of life. If Israel didn't exist,
>they'd find another enemy they'd hate just as much, as they go after the
>"Big Satan", the US.

Ahh, yes. The big spectre of the boogey man. I wonder why all of the
other Islamic nations haven't attacked us yet as well. Where is
Pakistan in this fray? What of Saudi? What about Turkey? We certainly
better look out for those Tajiks too!

Don't mistake the ravings of a few madmen and fools for the general
consensus of the Islamic nations as a whole. Dispite being united in
a religion the Egyptions are just as different from the Pakistanis as
an Irish Catholic is from an Italian Catholic.

Just to go back on topic, has any one experience with Daimler Dingos?

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill            DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -