Re: [MV] Disarmament, part II

From: Royce C Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 06:09:36 PDT

My letter to my congress critters.

Dear Senator Hutchison,

Contrary to the popular wisdom of our Government, I am proposing that the
Federal Government take steps to deter terrorism by allowing properly
trained, licensed and security checked citizens to carry concealed
weapons any where in the USA, whether on the land or in the air.

It is proven, by the actions of terrorist in the last few days, that
disarming all the law abiding citizens does not stop terrorists for doing
their dastardly deeds.

I would propose that ONLY citizens with NO history of arrests,
convictions, mental disorders, alcohol or drug abuse, also to be included
would be ex military with an honorable discharge, prior or recent
security clearances, law enforcement or prior law enforcement with a
clean record, would be allowed to carry.

I would also propose that in secured areas that an Instant FBI check be
carried out to insure that the person being represented is in fact that
person.

The US Government does not and can not have enough personal to protect
all the citizens of the US. The only way I could see that is if the
Government would put armed military personal in each plane, train, bus,
and every other form of public transportation in the US. This seem
impractical to me.

Personally, I have more confidence in myself to be my own protector, if
properly armed.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Royce C. Hayes