RE: [MV] Patriotism

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 10:31:35 PDT

Yes, Joe, I pulled off the road and parked on the shoulder, but facing the
wrong
way. I was even threatened with a ticket for not wearing seat belts, though
both
of us were out of the vehicle when the state police arrived. I asked: "Since
when
do we have to wear belts when parked?". His comment was that I was on a state
highway. Good golly, now I guess I'm supposed to walk around with the belts
hanging on me. Yeah, when frogs fly...
Would he have missed me if I was parked in the right direction? I doubt it
since
the area of impact is aft of my front fender, indicating he dove into me.
Mar is doing okay. Aching, but okay. ER took X-rays, gave her a shot of
Demerol
and sent her home. What more could I ask of one of the finer medical
institutions
in NJ?
I will say this, though I got the ticket, that the NJ State Police were
friendly and
compassionate, not hard a*sed. Treated me very politely, perhaps because they
saw the flags on my CUCV. Who knows?
Joe Young