Re: [MV] An idea

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 17:14:51 PDT

Jack,

>So the question before us is will this become the news/politics/MV chat or
>will it retain it's original intent that has served us so well? Will we lose
>it if we don't change course?
>At the very least I'm worried we're going to lose too many good people if we
>keep up the political end and as our views become more polarized due to
>frustrations, anger, over the weeks and months to come.
>
>Your thoughts would be appreciated.

I am the one that made the statement in the very beginning about the off
topic nature of this entire thing that has been going on. I have not
replied to any message since for the single and simple reason that the
simplest way to kill a thread is to just not respond to it. But of course
I alone practicing this philisophy has little effect.

You are totally correct above. There are many fine people on this list.
Some I have met in person and so far all have been very decent people that I
would like to keep up with. There are many more I would like to meet up
with some day. But when people start talking about politics and religion
outside the context of the purpose or mission of this listserv, I now start
to wonder if I should be so cavalier to want to meet people.

This situation will not be over for along time and as events unfold relative
to whatever counter strike is or may be planned I fear that this kind of
chatter is going to heat up all over again and again. I for one will not be
a part of it. To date I have dumped, without reading, hundreds of messages.

I would hope that your words are read and taken to heart by many on this
list or this will become just another usnet free for all.

thanks,

je