Re: [MV] An idea

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 18:33:50 PDT

jonathon wrote:

> This situation will not be over for along time and as events unfold relative
> to whatever counter strike is or may be planned I fear that this kind of
> chatter is going to heat up all over again and again. I for one will not be
> a part of it. To date I have dumped, without reading, hundreds of messages.

Your choice, of course, Jonathon. You can ignore the rest of our world
to your heart's content, for that is a privilege granted you by the
sacrifices of our fathers and grandfathers in recent past. The fact that
OUR children may soon be called upon to make the same sacrifices can
also be totally irrelevant to you -- after all, you refuse to be a part
of it, and that is your right. You don't actually have to do a thing..
and that is your right, too.

Personally speaking, I look at the WW2 vehicles and kit that I own as
representative of an era where common people were forced into decisions
much similar to those which may shortly be ours as well - and thence
remade our world accordingly. In that respect, my vehicles are symbolic
of something much greater than we, the whole being greater than the
parts thereof so to speak. We may have to do it all again, my friend,
and the implications of this, I think, bear heavy on the minds of our
fellow enthusiasts.

Forgive them their sins, they are but trying to put it all in context.
As above, you don't actually have to be a part of that, but please don't
demand they ignore what's happening in THEIR world, for that world is
also yours.

> I would hope that your words are read and taken to heart by many on this
> list or this will become just another usnet free for all.

I think the last thing you have to fear is this list becoming "just
another usenet free for all"... where else will you find such a
dedicated collection of historically knowledgeable, MV-dedicated
patriots, anywhere? Be proud of them, for they stand for all of us.

Indeed, everything we collect stands for everything we believe in. Our
fathers knew it. Our grandfathers knew it. Some here believe in it. I
know I do, too.

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://www.mapleleafup.org <sunray@mapleleafup.org> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment http://www.1cacr.org <info@1cacr.org> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~