Stuck Goat

From: Emmett Thompson (kt4al@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 09:54:20 PDT

Well I finally did it. I got my M561 Gamma Goat stuck yesterday. Getting it
un-stuck reminded me of the article in MV mag about how not to mow the lawn.
It started out attempting to impress a few kids that were "mud slinging" and
I (aided by the bravery that only a six pack will give you) attempted to
cross a DEEP hole that was full of water/mud. I was told after the Goat
stopped that a bull dozer got stuck there the other day and they were
impressed that it made it as far as it did.
I had to get a ride to the house to pick up the Duce and a half to attempt
to drag it out. I then found out the batteries were dead and had to get the
CUCV to jump off the duce. By then it was dark.

I got home at 0200 this morning and I woke up a while ago just to have to
attempt to get the mud off both vehicles.

What fun.

Regards
Emmett