Re: [MV] Stuck Goat

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 09:46:37 PDT

At 12:54 PM -0400 9/17/01, Emmett Thompson wrote:
>Well I finally did it. I got my M561 Gamma Goat stuck yesterday. Getting it
>un-stuck reminded me of the article in MV mag about how not to mow the lawn.
>It started out attempting to impress a few kids that were "mud slinging" and
>I (aided by the bravery that only a six pack will give you) attempted to
>cross a DEEP hole that was full of water/mud. I was told after the Goat
>stopped that a bull dozer got stuck there the other day and they were
>impressed that it made it as far as it did.

How deep was she stuck? Where the wheels covered?

>I had to get a ride to the house to pick up the Duce and a half to attempt
>to drag it out. I then found out the batteries were dead and had to get the
>CUCV to jump off the duce. By then it was dark.

Keep those batteries charged. I'm practicing on all of my current
road vehicles with regards to battery charging. Between the running
motorcycle (vs the one that is in pieces in the back of the garage)
and the 2 cars (daily driver Honda Insight, and collectable '76 Monte
Carlo). The Monte Carlo gets started every 2 weeks and driven around
the neighborhood.

Having a number of trickle chargers around seems like the best way to
keep batteries happy and warm.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill             ----------           SW1025 H -