Re: [MV] Pictures of National Guard vehicles at WTC

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 17:57:00 PDT

I expect the only pics of MVs you'll see are from the big news
agencies, unless you had big-name press credentials they were
confiscating your camera when you went in. Luckily I brought a cheapie
disposable and left my good camera home. Even news crews are tightly
restricted.

Most of what was there in MV were lots of Hummers, both the slantback
and ambulance models. I saw one old M37 that looked like it belonged
to a rescue squad and an eight wheel drive tank truck I couldn't get
close enough to ID that I guess was hauling water. None of the cranes
or construction equip. looked MV.

Actually, you saw more MV's north of the 14th street line than below
it. I didn't get close to ground zero, but it seemed there were fewer
vehicles the closer you got. I understand they are afraid heavy
vehicles might collapse the roadways.