Re: [MV] Band of Brothers--Plus a question

From: Jason E. Rose (m151a2@uswest.net)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 20:34:14 PDT

I watched the 3rd episode of Band of Brothers last night. I was the best
yet. Lots of MV's. Everything from CCKWs and MB's to Shermans and German
armor (sorry, I'm not good at identifying German armor). Spielberg is to be
commended for showing the sacrifices these men took to preserve freedom from
tyranny.

In the first episode, there was a twist I was oblivious to. After the DDay
drop, one Allied paratrooper from Easy Co asks a German where he was from,
and the German replied in perfect American accent, "Eugene, Oregon." Maybe
some of our German listers can provide some insight. Were there many US
citizens who answered a call to fight for Hitler?

Thanks,

Jason Rose
Boise, ID
1970 m151a2