Re: [MV] Band of Brothers--Plus a question

From: Floyd Petri (fpetri@eastex.net)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 22:57:33 PDT

Maybe you did not pick up on it, but he said his parents were German and he
answered the call when the war started. Like the Americans that joined the
British Air Corps before America was in the war, I am sure that he went to
Germany before America was in the war also and most likely thought that
Germany would never go to war with America. I bet not one left and joined
the Germans after Hitler declared war on America, but I don't know??

He would have had to put two years into the labor corps and be a SS cadet
for one year before getting his collar tabs so there was at least three
years minimum before D Day he would have had to do it.

Floyd