De-Mil Legislation on Fast Track

From: Claude W. Vaughn (vaughn@totalaccess.net)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 14:22:03 PDT

List,

I spoke with Lee Holland (MVPA President) earlier today. This
legislation is on the fast track due the recent attack on America. As
it was last year, the de-mil verbage is imbedded in the Armed Forces
Appropriations Bill. This is REALLY on the fast track. Lee said that
the speed has picked up during the last six or so days.

Re-read the recent posts on this list. Also use the links previously
posted here on the list. Educate yourself on this issue. Understand
what this means to you, fellow list members, and the hobby. Then...

Call your Senators. NOW! (this evening or tomorrow morning). E-Mail
and/or FAX your letter. BE NICE.

The Senate will vote on this tomorrow, September 20th. Lee said it is
expected to pass.

Then call your Representatives. E-Mail and/or FAX your letter. Soon.
BE NICE.

The Senate bill will go the House and into committee. Hopefully we can
have the offending de-mil language removed while in House committee.
But remember, the bill will no doubt be on a fast track here too.

Lee Holland said that there will be information posted on the MVPA web
site late tonight. Check it early tomorrow. Additional updates will
follow. The MVPA web address is:

http://www.mvpa.org

Again, when you contact you legislator...

BE NICE... BE COURTEOUS... BE PROFESSIONAL.

Do express your concern, do not express anger. A poor choice of words
could result in the loss of a legislator's supportive position.

I gotta go... It is time to compose some E-Mail, and write some
letters.

Claude.