Re: [MV] top speed of an M35

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 06:22:13 PDT

>I guess what I'm getting at is that I am told that an engine operates most
>efficiently at the rpm where torque and horsepower curves intersect. Can any
>one add to this theory? Or, am I getting to far afield........

Unless the LD's are radically different than any other diesel, all the
curves I have seen of fuel consumption v.s. speed show max efficiency (i.e.
lowest fuel consumption) occuring at the peak torque point which is
typically about half of the engines max rpm. It would be nice to see actual
test data for these engines however.

later,

je