Re: [MV] top speed of an M35

From: ygmir (ygmir@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 07:18:01 PDT

Thank you, that is much closer to what I was wondering.
So, I am guessing, then, that the "sweet spot" for fuel economy is nearer
max torque rpm than max horsepower?
I was just wondering how to get the lowest fuel consumption on road trips,
and then can decide if I want more speed or economy. I understand there is
usually a direct correlation, but, without having a starting point for
information of this sort, it is hard to just shoot blindly.
Now I can experiment with road speed/rpm and mileage and have a starting
point.
Thank you all for the info, I'll report my findings.
Henry