Re: [MV] Diesel Top RPM

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 11:31:59 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <m35a1@juno.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] Diesel Top RPM

> I would like to know if anyone knows (or can direct me to where I can find
out) what the max rpm for a diesel engine should be. Or if it varies by make
and

Diesels are invariably governed as an integral function of the injector
pump; together with the max fuel delivery setting, the max engine speed is
set by the engine maker and subsequently the injection repair shop during
service for the particular engine the pump is used on. Revving a diesel
beyond the makers designed maximum is a recipe for a spectacular disaster.

     . I have a strange Saurer (Swiss) artillary transport truck that is
governed to 48 mph. I would like to raise the governor so that I could
attain 55-60 mph. Any help?

More correctly perhaps, the governed engine speed equates to a max road
speed of 48 MPH.

Richard
Southampton - England