Re: [MV] top speed of an M35

From: m18.hellcat (m18.hellcat@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 15:04:40 PDT

Use caution here folks Maximum FUEL efficiency and Maximum VOLUMETRIC
efficiency may or may not occur @ the point of peak torque. (I have engines
that achieve 112 % VE 3000 rpm PAST peak torque) Anyone who has studied the
pressure/mean curves can tell you depending on dynamic losses & friction
loss (as a fn. of rpm) these factors have a strong influence on
"effiiciency" either way. Also dont forget that a diesel has "odd"
stoichiometric qualities that skew when peak fuel effieciency occurs (again
if not maximized it will NOT occur @ peak torque.)

(holy cow now I need to go back & look @ my post-graduate I.C.E texts for
clarification)