Re: [MV] 5 ton window seal

From: uniquemachine@air1.net
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 16:30:55 PDT

There is a seal that attaches to the underside of the hard top and seals against the top of the roll up window. It is available or you may be able to adapt over a commercially available peice of weather stripping. Also, if you pull of the access panel on the inside of the door and roll the window down, there is a peice of metal with 2 slots which is attached with 2 screws at the bottom of the window (one on each side, front and rear) that limit how far up the window can be put. Loosen the screws and slide the pieces down and retighten the screws. All the above also applies to the 2 1/2 ton trucks.

Jon

Knowledgable People:

I have a 5 ton that when the window is rolled

up it has a 1/2" gap from the top of the window

frame to the hardtop. Any ideas what I could use to

seal the gap ??? Was a seal installed when built

by the factory ???

Thanks...

Bob