Re: [MV] Senate Bill 1416

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 19:23:31 PDT

>>It means "if you gots a M151A2, that was welded.
>>They will be happy to cut it back into 4 chunks, just like it was when it
>>left DRMO.
>
>I wonder if the offending subsection can be challenged under a
>Commerce clause and 9th amendment basis.

You know this a real good thought experiment. If you buy these 4 peices
from a scrap yard, like $0.05 per pound scrap iron, and reassemble it, then
is it really an M151 again? (Technically in the eyes of the state it is a
homebuilt or a reconstructed vehicle). Take it a step further, if you make
an M151 body from new material that you buy from steel yards, is that an
M151? How and were do you draw a line concerning the governments right to
claim that it's thier property??? I have no answer just something I think
about now and then.

je