FW: [MVlist] Re: [MV] Canvas preservative

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@gte.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 22:15:00 PDT

I'd be willing to bet the reason that it is no longer supposed to be used on
canvas is because it is not flame retardant. Many years ago it became
illegal to make tents out of flammable material or to use flammable
treatments on tentage. Since then, many products have gone away because of
that requirement.

Canvak is the only treatment I know of that is ok for canvas used in tents.

Joe Garrett
cell 425-344-1402