Nice M38

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 18:10:27 PDT

My spin on the potential buyer- seller relationship and related
psychology:
  We're ALL nuts...
  Why would anyone want a M38?
  Why would I want all my POS IHCs?
  Why have I spent THREE YEARS researching
a very obscure military vehicle?
  WE'RE ALL NUTS!
  I approach ANY old vehicle purchase THIS way:
  If you deem the vehicle in question to be highly desirable to
YOURSELF, then be ready to pay FIVE TIMES what you think it's worth.
  I RARELY pay in full. I ask "How much?", then quietly listen and GIVE
NO INDICATION THAT I DISAGREE WITH THE ASKING PRICE.
  I then request that I make payments until the
ASKING PRICE is paid. Sort of like lay-a-way.
  I have purchased more than a dozen vehicles
(my fleet) in this manner.
  Be serious and constant.
 Why does everyone seem so intent on screwing someone on the sale/
purchase of
a vehicle?
  SO WHAT if the guy's asking $800.00 for
a $500.00 oldie. How bad do you want it?
  You CAN'T go down to the "Old Truck Store"
and buy one, they're all out.
  These "weirdos" with old or interesting vehicles (military or
otherwise) aren't any crazier than you or me.
   The chances of buying this stuff are getting
less and less with time.
  How do I finance my purchases?
Overtime, side jobs, extra jobs, sell unwanted
parts. Yes, it's hard, takes up a lot of your precious "free" time.
  How bad do you want this stuff?
Sheesh! Whiners! You sound like my kids...
Don Kenyon