Re: [MV] confiscation of MV's

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 09:53:03 PDT

    C'mon guys, look at bright side.
    If the guy you bought the truck from didn't inform you of these
provisions, you can sue him for damages after your truck is repo'd and you
get out of the slammer. You'll end up with all the old, useless,
unidentified, rusted, dry rotted crap left in his yard, and the property it
sits on. Then you'll get rolled again as the EPA busts your ass for ground
water contamination due to leaked diesel fuel and gear oil, and sued for
poisoning your towns water supply because he bought a pallet full of surplus
chlorinated solvents as a batch lot of chemicals and let them rust cause he
only wanted the 3 gallons of CARC paint. If you even have your shorts left
when that
process is finished, you'll spend the rest of your working life having your
pay check garnished to pay off clean up costs and monetary damages. You will
be a pariah in your community, disowned by your family and held up as a
possible terrorist to the world. Green is beautiful !!
    And we won't even go into all those nifty, altered titles by those title
companies at $150 a pop. Form 97 marked "OFF ROAD USE ONLY" . No problem.
No data plates on your 151 or M35. No problem.
        Their are no records of contract info, manufacturers serial numbers,
serial numbered parts on
your vehicle or stuff like that in govt. archives. No way to trace this
info, cause people on this list have said they have asked and looked for
this info, and no one could find it. Of course, the people they asked aren't
terribly interested in digging into those MILLIONS of file cabinets stored
in God knows how many warehouses, or miles of microfilmed records. Falsified
documentation of former,supposedly destroyed, possibly stolen U.S. Govt.
Property? No way, right? Of course if some SOB representative wants to make
it a GAO issue, and the FBI has time on their hands cause Osama has been
reduced to sub atomic particles, watch what happens.
    Hysterical reaction? Maybe. But I pay somebody lots of money, year after
year, betting my house will burn down. And it never has. Yet.
    Govt. take your vehicle on a technicality or vaguely worded law? NO
PROBLEM.

    That $2k deuce turns out to have been a real deal , eh?

Ron