Re: [MV] Sorting out what the threat from new legislation REALLY is...

From: Morgans (nmorgan@centuryinter.net)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 10:22:59 PDT

On the DLA form 1822 that you sign when you get a truck from the DRMOs it
says:
      section V.
certification statement to be signed by any U.S. citizen/national/permanent
resident holder to whom material is sold.
I----- acknowledge having been advised that the MLI/SLI property I have
purchased/ received from Mr./Mrs./Ms.---- on (date)-------, is controlled by
the U.S. Government and cannot be transferred(exported,sold,or given) to a
non-U.S. Citizen/ National or non-Green Card non-Permanent Residency without
a validated State/Commerce Department license.
 It continues on with more stuff about getting official approval to transfer
the stuff, but you get the idea.
          Ed Morgan