Arctic Top Parts

From: Allen Jones (jonesal@u.washington.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 09:08:26 PDT

I'm restoring an arctic hard top for my '55 M38A1.

The tag reads:
STAMPING PRODUCTS & MFG. CO.
DETROIT 7, MICHIGAN
DA. NO. 20-089 ORD. NO. 140856-FS
ORDN. PT. NO. 7720468

I *think* I'm doing a proper resotration on the wooden doors and sheet metal
(aluminium). I just want to make sure I use the correct hardware to mount
everything up (PO lost it all). Ideally I'd like to find a technical manual
for the arctic top. A lister was kind enough to send information on one for
a M38 in hopes they were similar enough to get by. They really are
different beasts (at least from the info that was sent me). I've checked
the MVPA and quite a few parts folks to no avail. Anyone out there have any
technical information on this particular top? Or do you have *original*
mounting hardware you could describe to me via email or by sending pics?

For those restoring an arctic top and need new rubber/foam for the
windows/doors, Metro Moulded Parts has proven to be very helpful. They are
at http://www.metrommp.com/.

Thanks for the help,
Allen in Seattle
'55 M38A1