What Is an M35A2's Torque Rating at the Rear Wheels?

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 09:29:48 PDT

Hi List...

One of my friends is bragging about his civilian diesel Chevy pickup
truck having 577 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheel at 2250 RPM.

I have always felt I could easily win a tug-of-war content with him
with my deuce...maybe even against two trucks like his pulling against
me.

But since we are unlikely to actually hook the trucks up to each other
in such a contest, does anyone know the at-the-wheel torque ratings
for a turbo diesel deuce so I can win against him on paper?

Remember, the torque rating I'm after is at the wheels, NOT the
flywheel.

Thanks!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net