Re: [MV] Section 121 (again) and WWII and M Series HMV's

From: Richard Lathrop (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 03:34:07 PDT

This bill just gets scarier each time I read it.

Consider the following. Since all riflescopes are filled with nitrogen or some inert gas to prevent fogging this is probably included as a military specification somewhere for riflescopes the DOD purchases.

Therefore in one swoop Congress has outlawed riflescopes.
Unless you have the orginial reciept for your riflescope how are you going to prove it is not ex DOD surplus? The DOD has bought off the shelf items at times.

This bill provides no functionality for hearings or appeals when a decision is made to sieze an item.

If this passes I would be the first one to try to take them to court over it. I am not a lawyer but it seems to me that this law violates the right of due process.

From: "Claude W. Vaughn" <vaughn@totalaccess.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:54:34 -0500