Re: [MV] propane on a M35 (no mv content)

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 03:14:15 PDT

The thread on propane use reminds me of the time I ran out of gas
on an Interstate. Was driving my customized 1971 Chevy van, the
one we live in when doing our cross country jaunts, and there we were
sitting on the shoulder of the highway. I got out the propane cylinder
from the camp stove and shoved the hose into the carb and turned
it on. Engine started right up and though I had no throttle control, I
was able to drive to an exit. After getting off, I stopped at a house
where a lady was mowing her lawn. Explained the situation and she
went to a shed and got me a 5-gallon can of gas that I could use. Of
course, I took the can to a filling station and had it refilled before
returning
it to her.
Joe Young