Re: [MV] top speed of an M35

From: Everette Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 04:59:38 PDT

With reference to Propane injection you mentioned::

Several years ago one of the independent farm tractor manufactures was
putting a big Cat engine in a tractor and added this Propane rig you
referred to. Had some engine failure because propane is so dry it would
wash cylinders down and gall them from rings, where diesel left some lube -

I had customer that farmed next to the plant where I worked and you could
hear change in engine noise when he would hit propane button.

It was designed to be used ONLY if tractor was bogging down and for short
periods time. But you know how we are -- if a little is good a lot is
better. This was 25 years ago and at that time engine overhaul was
$11,000.00

Anyone remember water injection?? Like some fighter planes had - War
Emergency on throttle
my .02