Re: [MV] Well... this whole legal debate has...

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 19:48:54 PDT

In a message dated 9/29/01 6:54:24 PM Central Daylight Time,
rojoha@mediaone.net writes:

<< So if they are NOT in effect, can someone explain why I have to notify DRMS
 when I sell my M35A2 w/wn and reinforced cab. Paperwork I got from seller
 and a phone call to DRMS states it IS SMI and I must comply. Until I get a
 piece of paper from the US Gov't signed by someone stating IT IS NOT, means
 I am very concerned. >>

Ron,
The problem is that there are people who do not understand or accept the fact
that when you buy a truck from DRMO we are signed a contract. If DRMO wrote
the contract and said you had to paint the truck purple and drive it only in
reverse on the third Sunday of the month, then that is what must be done.
This contract is not dependent upon any legislation now pending. It is a
contract, no less so than the one you sign to buy a house, or of any other
type of contract.

While I firmly believe the proposed legislation should be opposed, the fact
is that when you and I bought our trucks, we signed on for one program which
is what you describe above. It is changing the program I object to.

David