Re: [MV] Well... this whole legal debate has...

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 03:43:44 PDT

Ron said:
So if they are NOT in effect, can someone explain why I have to notify DRMS
when I sell my M35A2 w/wn and reinforced cab. Paperwork I got from seller
and a phone call to DRMS states it IS SMI and I must comply. Until I get a
piece of paper from the US Gov't signed by someone stating IT IS NOT, means
I am very concerned.

I say:
I have never received a Form 97 for a truck that required me to notify anyone
if I sell the truck to a US citizen. Sections III and IV of the EUC clearly
spell
this out. If I'm wrong in not notifying DRMO of my transactions (I never
export
or sell to non USA citizens), then you all are welcome to come to my lynching!
My old lady says she'll supply the beer and pizza... :)
A signed Section V of my transactions is kept on file for each sale I make, as
per EUC instructions. Plus, I supply a blank Section V to my customers so
they can use it if/when they sell the truck(s).
Joe Young