M38 update

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 18:30:49 PDT

I asked several of the "M38 dumb questions" over the last months so I
thought maybe an update was in order.
The "51" m38 is tagged and running well, on the down side it has a civ
ignition, alt, carb & a 4" chrome air cleaner.

On the upside it uses no oil, drips no water, and has no unusual whining
sounds.

We took it to the farm this last weekend, around an hour and 15 min by hwy,
but because the M38 only does 40 mph we took back roads.
Miles? who knows! 4 hrs 15 min, was a total blast!
In 9 hrs of running, slowing at every mile road, shifting up and down, we
used no oil and lost no water.

We have a map book called an "Atlas & Gazetteer" (available at Wal-Mart)
done by DeLorme http://www.delorme.com/atlases/atlasgaz.htm that has most of
the county roads and back trails on it and makes for a trail ride on any
trip.

My 13 year old daughter did the navigation on the way south, and my 11 year
old daughter did the same on the way back north, different routes in each
direction.
We used the Hwy bridges to cross rivers but stayed on dirt the rest of the
time.
In the car we have had a good time finding old RR sidings and lost towns
just for the kick, the M38 makes it even more fun!

I'm thinking a weekend trail ride could be set up off the cuff, quick and
easy, any place in the country with one of these books.
If anyone within trailering range of Ponca City Ok wants to do one let me
know!

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
Ponca City OK. 74601-5335
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net