RE: [MV] Military Tent for Sale

From: John Hutterer (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 11:30:53 PDT

I'm not sure what it is that you are referring to as a GP Small. The one
that I own, and which is marked as a "Tent, General Purpose, Small", is
hexagonal. It has six sides, two of which are split from top to bottom to
form doors. There are two wall panels between the sides which are split to
form the doors. There is a single center pole, about 11' tall, and six
corner poles. There are also two door poles that are about a foot taller
than the corner poles, one located at the center of each door opening. The
side walls are a little over 5 feet tall.

There is an item known as an ARCTIC tent. It is also hexagonal. The walls on
it are only about 3' tall. There are no corner poles or door poles. There is
only the center pole. The walls are held up by tension on the guy ropes. I
believe that the Arctic tent is exactly the same size as a GP Small tent,
just shorter. I have seen an Arctic liner in a GP Small, so I have to
believe that they are the same basic dimensions.

There is also a tent known as a Command Post (CP) tent. It is rectangular,
and about half the size of a GP Medium. It comes with an internal wall that
divides it into 1/3 - 2/3 spaces. I think that it might be an M1945. To the
best of my knowledge, it does not come in sections, and neither do the
Arctic or GP Small tents.

John