Re: [MV] A chuckle for you folks over in the U.K.

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 10:59:43 PDT

In <list-1319145@skylee.com>, on 10/06/01
   at 01:59 PM, "William R. Benson" <Benson@eqe.com> said:

>The second is from our friends in England.
>Playing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" for the changing of the guards was very
>moving. "

>I damn near died laughing. Somebody needs to tell the fellow that they
>play "My Country Tis of Thee" at every changing of the guard, only the
>British have a different title and words for it, something like "God Save
>the Queen", (and it happens to be their National Anthem.)

When the Queen sings it, she may very well be singing: "my country 'tis of
ME" if you listen closely. I sure would be if I enjoyed her tax-free
status and vast holdings.

News Item Just In: 10/6/01 Claim of 'proof of prior ascendancy' just
filed with the British Court by some woman who has found validation for a
long-considered non-legal marriage of some King back a dozen generations.
She may be the rightful Queen of Brits. <now I'll duck & run>

>Bill B.

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com       Be Prepared: Wear Green, not Red.