Re: [MV]

From: Gene Pantano (truks@cs.quik.com)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 13:02:40 PDT

Guys ..have one for you all..
I have 2 engines in the shop..for the Jeeps..
one is supposed to be for a M38,,the boss is stamped
1MB42512..block has casting numbers of...908756 down low..
block number 2 is marked..on the boss.. MC36360
and the casting numbers are 641087-L-W-12-AN1-CR-N2.
I believe block number 1 is not a M38 as sworn by the builder.I say it is a
MB block just as it is marked.
Block 2 is definately a M38 to me.
The builder is a member of the MVCC and sold the engine marked MB to a very
sick friend of mine that does not see well and went by what this builder
told him. He was charged a awful price for this motor that was supposed to
be a M38 for a M38 he was going to rebuild. I have purchased the man's
total Jeep collection and also these engines. There is a lot to this..so
first, I want to settle whether or not the engine marked MB is a MB or a
M38 (as if I didn't know).. I want it from the learned jeep folks on this
list first..then I intend to hammer this crook in front of all who know and
trust him..
Taking advantage of a sick man is an outrage..
Speaking of an outrage, that guy in Indiana has not made good his bad
check..another dead beat.. Gene