Re: [MV] M37 axles

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 15:11:41 PDT

In a message dated 10/6/01 4:38:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jeepcj8@home.com
writes:

<< 2WD. I've heard that this happens if you get lockout hubs on the front.
More
 stress is put on the rear axles because the front is idle and not helping to
 pull. It's a chance you take with lockout hubs. The bad part is you have to
 remove the broken axle and pieces, and stuff a rag in the end, otherwise you
 do more damage >>

Excuuuuuuuse me: There is no difference in operating a 4WD truck in 2WD
either with or without lockout hubs. The mechanical reality is that the front
is not engaged, period. Your axles will have the same tendency to snap either
way. There is no reason to malign lockout hubs. a p b