Re: [MV] FW: [MV] S1438 - another small victory

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 09:23:46 PDT

Two very important problems here with the response from your senator:

1) He blows you off with "since it seems the
passage of this thing is a foregone conclusion, ". Read this as "Yeah,
Whatever" not "I will immediately draft a bill, resolution, strongly worded
protest , Talk to my colleagues, mention it at the next cocktail party,
write on the wall of the Senate Men's room, etc..."

2) He states "to have the term "SME"
redefined by Congress to specifically *exclude* HMVs,". Very Interesting.
Except that M35's, CUCV's, things still in active use, things less than 25
years old, etc, WILL NOT FALL INTO THIS CATEGORY. Items legally bought,
registered and restored would still be scooped up. Surplus trucks and
vehicles would not meet this criteria.
    While he is at it, have him have Congress add Toyota pickups, Airliners,
Box Cutter Knives and Leatherman tools to the SME list, since they have been
used to greater effect in the past 20 years or so as implements of war than
surplus M151's, M35's, M1 Garands and the stuff the pinheads who continually
tack this amendment on, are concerned about.
    And your kidding yourselves if you think an amendment attached to an
unrelated bill will make it all the way through BOTH House and Senate and be
passed, instead of killing a section out of an existing, related bill in
committee. Only ONE Senator or Representative has to make a motion to table
an amendment attached to a bill for purposes of "Further consideration or
research of the ramifications of said amendment".
    Our 'elected' officials should be sent to the Winter Olympics, since
they have elevated 'Skating' an issue to an art form Dorothy Hammel would be
hard pressed to beat.

    TERM LIMITS means not having to say " Ya know what that butthole has
introduced NOW????!!!!". And has as much chance of being passed as electing
a Taliban to the Presidency of the U.S..

    What's that old saw... Just cause your paranoid, doesn't mean they are
not out to get YOU!

Ron