Striking back with a big green truck...

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 13:24:47 PDT

I scored a blow against the status quo on Friday.

Daughter Katie's kindergarten class was studying transportation last week, and
she offered "Daddy's big green truck"...

Friday morning one each 1965 M37B1 in Ist MarDiv livery was sitting in front of
the school. (I did substitute the National Colors in the weapons pedestal
instead of the .30cal, it would have detracted from the lesson.)

The kids and I talked for about fifteen minutes about the transprtation aspects
of the military, and they climbed all over Vulcan. A grand time was had by all,
and each child went away with an American Flag as a momento of the day!

(And then son, Jake, and I went to the Chino Airshow...)

It was a grand day out!

Bill B.