RE: [MV] Demil Bill (S1438/Sec 1062)

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 12:50:20 PDT

At 1:27 PM -0600 10/9/01, HOWARD WRIGHT wrote:
>Ryan, It is my understanding from Sen Craig's office that the 1062
>provisions came from Sen Levin from MI. Are there any MV'ers from that
>state on list??? Please contact this gentlemen's office and voice your
>opposition and remember this when the ballot box comes around. I find the
>committee recommendation interesting in that they concider WWII items not
>to be of a threat, yet why are they consider SME? Seems to me they are
>talking out og both sides of their mouths on this one.

Ahh, ok, then I stand corrected. I did a bit of hunting last night as
I said, but its not super clear where it came from based on Thomas
(the Web site).

It certainly does seem like they are discarding the objections out of
hand as those don't count. The law seems to allow for far too much
interpretation and grey area (again, a point of attack if this does
make it to the law stage).

However, are folks going to have Vietnam era vehicles and eventually
gulf war vehicles to some degree or another to show off to people in
30 years? I hope so. I'm a child of the Vietnam war era but having
had enough input I'm really a WWII enthusiast. Still this isn't just
about past history, but also future history.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill             ----------           SW1025 H -