Re: [MV] metal cleaning

From: Robert Barber (rbarber41@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 15:25:29 PDT

  I strongly recommend that you do NOT use any chemical
treatment to clean this crank.. It may do some very
adverse things (read BAD) to the metalurgy of the crank

Get it magnafluxed at a reputable shop and if it passes
then get it glass beaded clean.. Then micro polish the
bering surfaces with 400 wet sandpaper till the journals
are bright enought for you to see our face reflected in..

This was stand procedure for all race motors with either
cast or forged cranks and proved to be the proper way to
prep a crank and get good life out of it...

                              Bob B