Re: [MV] metal cleaning

From: m18.hellcat (m18.hellcat@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 17:36:40 PDT

As it seems that I cannot get away from work even on my "hobby" mailing list
perhaps I can add some input.

Simply take the crank to a reputable shop & tell them what your minimum
specs are. The key here is REPUTABLE and I can only say that in the entire
competition engine community most all of us agree there are only a HANDFUL
of craftsmen left that we all trust when it comes down to our customers
putting hundreds of thousands of sponsors dollars on the line.

Bob B' has the most important first step below: MAG it FIRST preferably with
the CORRECT type not a powder or
small tank type. Although finish rms should be matched to the bearing type &
useage. (remember my post a while back?)

"CJ"'s mention of bead blast tumblers is accurate & useful for oem type
cranks, take the advice.

- good luck