RE: [MV] purchasing a bus

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@gte.net)
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 07:49:43 PDT

Jim,

I own a 1987 AMTRAN bus that came from the Army at Schofield Barracks. It
was like new when I bought it for $10,000. I use it for hauling my Boy
Scout Troop. I also own a 1979 school bus with the same exact drivetrain.
It came from a local school district, and I paid $300 for it at auction and
drove it home (want to buy it? located north of Seattle).

I have a 1980 MCI MC-9 (ex greyhound) bus that I am converting to a
motorhome. I paid $34,000 for it several years ago. Right after I bought
it, everyone started dumping this model from their fleets, so its value
dropped to about $25,000.

I am very aware of costs, insurance, etc. This is much simpler than you
think. Contact me off-list.

Joe Garrett
cell 425-344-1402